Sometimes you have to put things in perspective to, you know, get your priorities in order.
Consider, the latest royal wedding that will take place at St. George’s Chapel, Windsor on Saturday, 19 May. (I almost hate to name the date in case one of you is curious enough to actually check it out.) In the meantime, I have compiled a list of things I care less about and things I care more about.
Things I Care Less About Than the Royal Wedding
- current traffic at a place I’m not going
- Safeway “Monopoly” game pieces
- the next “Shades of Grey” movie
- grocery store coupons for cat food
- The Bachelor pausing a whole minute before bestowing his final rose
- any Kardashian news
- who is on the guest list for the royal wedding
Things I Care More About Than the Royal Wedding
- number of angels that can dance on a pinhead
- Millard Fillmore (President #13, 1850-1853)
- Kanye’s latest Tweet
and, of course…
- kale (but just barely)
So there we have it. A fair and balanced list that allows me to adjust my day’s thinking priorities. Admittedly, the bar I’ve set for the royals to beat is pretty low, but it’s good to know that they’re somewhere in the middle between Kardashian news and lint.